Advertising is the art of drawing people’s attention towards their goods, services, and products. It encourages people to buy or incorporate these services in their lifestyle. The entire world of business thrives on the art of advertising and attracting customers. Quality advertising services hence focus on keeping the customer informed about the specialty of the product and the way it could enhance their lifestyle.
Advertising services in Malaysia
Adequately done advertising leads to an enhanced outreach and hence ensures increased sales. For companies and competitors, an ad can be the difference between a business achieving the pinnacles of success or drowning in the market of ever-growing competition.
- The traditional advertising
Speaking about advertising in Malaysia, it started in the early or mid-19th century. This was the time when Malaysia was popular in the world as Malaya. Foreign traders were coming here to exploit its market and make money, it was then when they first introduced advertisement in Malaysia. The main objective of advertisement at that time was to inform the locals as well as other traders about their services and goods.
In those erstwhile times, people laid main focus was laid on information about their services and not in making attractive ads that could appeal the masses. Moreover, these ads were very well able to fulfill that objective. The medium of advertisement in Malaysia were mostly posters, brochure or newspapers and even blocks of wood could be used to advertise about the product.
- Modern day advertising services
Today, Malaysia has witnessed a variety of medium for advertisement.
- Print media: The prominent modes may include advertising in magazines, pamphlets, leaflets and such.
- Outdoor advertising: This form of advertising leverages modes like billboards, Kiosks and even road shows.
- Electronic media: The broadcasting industry is also equally effective as a mode of advertisement where companies create ads for televisions and radio. As a major advantage of using this mode, it allows the company to put out ads on different channels at the same time. Naturally, it is also a high-cost mode due to higher viewership.
Online advertising: It has emerged as comparably much affordable yet highly effective means of brand promotion for businesses. The use of social media platforms and search engines is highly prevalent in this regard.